The ultimate model of the multimedia utility Kodi 19, codename Matrix, has been launched to the general public. The brand new model is out there on the official project website for all supported working techniques.
Kodi is an leisure utility that’s obtainable for desktop techniques, cellular units, and Raspberry Pi. The software program has many appeals, from managing all leisure wants, music, films, TV, photographs Web radio, and extra, to customization choices and an intensive add-ons system so as to add options that you just require to the system.
The official announcement on the Kodi weblog offers perception on the modifications that went into the brand new launch. In response to the knowledge printed there, “some 600,000 traces of code” had been added, modified or eliminated because the launch of Kodi 18.
Current customers have to be conscious that the crew moved to Python 3 relating to add-ons due to Python 2’s finish of assist. Many add-ons have or will likely be up to date, however there’s a likelihood that some will not and that implies that these add-ons can’t be used anymore in Kodi 19.
So far as different modifications are involved, there are lots. Here’s a fast checklist of vital modifications that stand out:
- Video playback: AV1 software program decoding, HLG HDR and static HDR10 playback on Home windows 10, static HDR10 and dynamic Dolby Imaginative and prescient HDR assist on Android, and extra OpenGL bicubic scalers
- Audio playback: improved metadata dealing with, library enhancements.
- Video games: integer scaling applied to enhance pixel-art video games. Kodi on iOS will get supported for Xbox, Ps and different Bluetooth recreation controllers.
- Theme: music display screen redesign, picture file enhancements, up to date graphical consumer interface controls.
- Subtitles: choice to set an opacity for captions, mounted timestamp overlay.
- PVR and Reside TV: PVR reminders, dwelling display screen widgets, channel quantity and sorting, efficiency enhancements, and extra.
- Safety: improved add-on set up to keep away from “third-party repositories from overwriting code of unrelated add-ons”. Damaged and deprecated add-ons at the moment are highlighted and new default requirement to password defend Kodi’s internet interface.
- Platform-specific: Help for tvOS and single Linux binary for a number of windowing techniques (Wayland, X11 and GMB) as an alternative of the earlier three binaries.
The complete changelog has not been printed on the official Wiki website but however will probably be printed finally.
Now You: Do you employ Kodi?