Nearly like clockwork, Google releases freshly baked Developer Preview builds for Android 12, the upcoming iteration of Android, each couple of weeks. Every new model fixes bugs, provides new options, and usually improves the efficiency of the working system. It was the tail finish of March when the corporate launched Developer Preview 2.1 to the supported Pixel gadgets and whereas there have been some hiccups with its launch, for probably the most half it was a great rollout. Now, the corporate has introduced the second incremental replace for the Developer Preview 2 department and this one lastly brings the April 2021 security patches.
As talked about, there have been some hiccups with the earlier Developer Preview proper out of the gate. Fortunately, Google acknowledged these points and resolved those that had been widespread so that everybody with a supported gadget may check out the replace. The total changelog of Developer Preview 2.2 (construct quantity SPP2.210219.018) is under:
- Mounted a difficulty that typically triggered the Settings app to crash when a person tried to entry Bluetooth settings. (Issue #180962266)
- Mounted a difficulty that triggered widgets to be faraway from the house display after a person put in an OTA replace.
- Mounted a difficulty that triggered notifications to be despatched about low Bluetooth name high quality even when name high quality was at the moment unaffected.
- Mounted a difficulty that triggered WiFi community passwords to not be saved in some circumstances.
- Mounted a difficulty that triggered the notification shade to be activated when typing on the on-screen keyboard.
- Mounted a difficulty with Codec 2.0 that might trigger apps to crash on some gadgets.
- Mounted a difficulty that might trigger movies to be encoded incorrectly when shared.
You may learn the discharge notes here.
The up to date Android 12 Developer Preview system pictures are available to download now for the Google Pixel 5, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3, and the Pixel 3 XL. You may both await an over-the-air (OTA) replace to hit your gadget or simply flash the new build manually.