It isn’t apparent learn how to disable tab teams and grid view in Chrome for Android, however the excellent news is that it’s attainable — and really fairly simple too.
Tab groups for Chrome on Android arrived in February, swapping the usual view wherein your tabs are organized in a vertical array for a very completely different grid-based method. Every of those home windows can then be grouped with others, after which they will show as tabs on the backside of the web page.
It is a neat method, but it surely does take some getting used to, and — as a number of Reddit threads attest — some customers simply need to put issues again the best way they have been. Learn on and we’ll present you learn how to disable tab teams and grid view in Chrome for Android.
learn how to disable tab teams and grid view in Chrome for Android
1. Fireplace up the Chrome browser in your Android smartphone or pill. We have used a OnePlus cellphone, however the course of must be the identical on a pill.
2. Within the URL bar, sort this handle (and press enter): chrome://flags/#enable-tab-grid-layout
3. This can take you to Chrome’s quite scary trying flags web page. You may see the textual content ‘Tab Grid Structure’ highlighted in yellow.
Notice: You do not need to fiddle with different choices right here; as Google warns on the prime of the web page, “By enabling these options, you might lose browser information or compromise your safety or privateness.”
4. Open the drop-down menu by clicking on ‘Default’.
5. Choose ‘Disabled’ to show off tab teams and grid view
6. Relaunch Chrome by choosing the choice on the backside
7. You may now be again within the acquainted world of tabs you may swipe by way of vertically. For those who resolve to return to tab teams sooner or later, merely repeat the steps and select ‘Default’ or ‘Enabled’ at Step 5.