Dubai: In case your car was parked at a location within the UAE, and also you returned to search out it being broken because of an accident, the nation’s police authorities present motorists with an choice to file a police grievance by a service known as ‘Unknown Accident Service’. Right here is all it’s essential find out about the best way to use the service.
Firstly, you will need to be aware that fleeing from an accident web site is towards the UAE’s visitors legal guidelines, and will lead to a minimal penalty of Dh500 and 5 black factors on the motive force’s licence, together with confiscation of the automotive for no less than every week. The penalties could also be extra extreme in case of a serious accident.
If you’re on the receiving finish of a hit-and-run case, attempt to be aware the licence plate or the make and mannequin of the automotive at least. In case of extreme accidents, you will need to instantly name 999, which is the country-wide emergency hotline.
Nevertheless, even when your automotive was parked and a motorist apparently broken the car, you would wish to file a police report.
With no police report, you will be unable to boost a declare along with your insurance coverage supplier. Additionally, in accordance with Article 41 of UAE Federal Regulation No, 21 of 1995, no storage proprietor could take up restore work of a car bearing any indicators of an accident, with out the approval of the licensing authorities.
When you notify the police, they’ll subject an ‘unknown accident’, in accordance with the Dubai Police name centre. You may then submit the report back to your insurance coverage supplier.
If the accident occurred within the emirate of Dubai, it’s essential increase the grievance with Dubai Police. Observe these steps to file a grievance by the Dubai Police’s smartphone software:
1. Obtain the ‘Dubai Police’ app, which is out there for Apple and Android gadgets.
2. Beneath the ‘Providers’ menu, choose the ‘Unknown accident’ choice. You can be directed to the service web page, which gives particulars of when to make use of the service and the service price (Dh420). Click on on ‘Proceed’.
3. Enter the accident particulars, together with:
• Image of the harm
4. Submit the main points of the report. You’ll then obtain a affirmation from Dubai Police on the accident report being submitted and an accident report, which you’ll be able to file for insurance coverage declare necessities.
If the accident occurred in some other emirate, like Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah, or Fujairah, you may increase the grievance by the Ministry of Inside (MOI) app. The app directs you to the Saaed service portal, the place you may file the report.
1. Obtain the ‘MOI UAE’ app, which is out there for Apple and Android gadgets.
2. On the menu, choose ‘Service catalog’, choose ‘Challenge an accident report towards an unknown particular person’.
3. The app will then direct you to the Saaed portal, the place you may enter the accident particulars, together with:
• Image of the harm
• Accident location particulars
4. Pay the service charges of Dh400
Upon getting submitted the report and paid the service charges, you’ll obtain a affirmation on the accident report being submitted and an accident report, which you’ll be able to file for insurance coverage declare necessities.
You may as well file the report by the MOI web site – www.moi.gov.ae – or at a Ministry of Inside buyer happiness centre.