Kali Linux 2021.2 modifications
Offensive Safety has launched two new instruments for making Kali simpler to make use of: Kaboxer and Kali-Tweaks.
Kaboxer is a instrument for packaging “tough” functions in Docker containers to allow them to be used on Kali. These embrace apps which might be arduous to package deal appropriately as a consequence of complicated dependencies, legacy packages and libraries, and apps that must run in isolation.
Kali-Tweaks is an automation instrument that’s aimed toward serving to Kali customers customise the OS shortly and painlessly. For instance, it may be used to put in or take away teams of instruments, change the default login shell, allow or disable “bleeding-edge” and “experimental” branches. New choices are within the works and customers are welcome to counsel tweaks that they’d discover useful.
In Kali Linux 2021.2, opening a listener on TCP and UDP ports 0-1023 not requires super-user entry (however that’s attainable solely on Kali flavors that function with the kernel).
The latest OS model additionally brings:
- A “refreshed” Bleeding-Edge department (which incorporates packages which might be routinely up to date from the upstream git repositories)
- Two new packages for Raspberry Pi
- New Kali-Docker photographs (for ARM64 & ARM v7)
- Help for Apple M1 customers who’ve Parallels
- Kali NetHunter help for Android 11 (in addition to enhancements to Bluetooth and settings menus, improved compatibility with dynamic partitions, and extra)
As per common, a brand new model of Kali brings new instruments:
- CloudBrute, for locating an organization infrastructure, recordsdata, and apps on high cloud suppliers
- Dirsearch, for brute forcing directories and recordsdata in internet servers
- Feroxbuster, for recursive content material discovery
- Ghidra, a software program reverse engineering instrument suite created by the NSA
- Pacu, a AWS exploitation framework
- Peirates, a Kubernetes penetration instrument
- Quark-Engine, an Android malware scoring system
- VSCode a.ok.a. Visible Studio Code Open Supply (“Code-OSS”) – a code editor
Lastly, there are some beauty and purposeful modifications and new choices as effectively: new desktop wallpapers and login backgrounds, and theme enhancements that enable fast actions.
For extra particulars, take a look at Offensive Safety’s blog post.