Android updates are sometimes the butt of jokes, however issues are slowly getting a lot better. Samsung is among the many finest within the enterprise these days with regards to rolling out Android updates, and now, the corporate is rolling out the July 2021 safety replace to its Galaxy lineup. Right here’s the complete listing.
Samsung July 2021 safety replace – what’s new
Samsung began the rollout of its July 2021 safety replace on June 30, roughly per week earlier than the primary Monday of July when Google will launch the listing of core safety points that this patch fixes. The listing was launched, although, on July 7 and contains 20 fixes for Galaxy smartphones, most of that are from Google. A lot of the points are patching Bluetooth vulnerabilities.
Nevertheless, we do know one factor that the replace addresses. Final month, Google confirmed that Samsung can be shipping a fix for Android Auto problems with its July 2021 safety replace. The repair is about to cease a problem that induced Android Auto to crash every time the machine was unlocked in any manner.
For probably the most half, July updates for Samsung units are pretty small, apart from the Galaxy Word 20 sequence which weighs in at over 1GB. There are not any apparent modifications within the replace, although, exterior of a brand new QR code scanner as captured beneath by SamMobile.
Units with Samsung July 2021 safety replace
Which Samsung units are getting the July 2021 safety replace? The listing from Samsung is, as traditional, fairly hefty. As of July 1, Samsung is rolling out month-to-month patches to almost 40 units together with 5 Enterprise units. An extra 61 units are getting quarterly updates and 44 are getting biannual updates.
Beginning this month, this listing will embody a observe on the place the replace first debuted and if it’s also obtainable in america. As traditional, the most recent additions will likely be marked in daring.
Galaxy S Sequence
Samsung kicked off this newest safety replace beginning on one in all its hottest sequence, the Galaxy S lineup. The replace first debuted on the Galaxy S10 on June 30 in the Czech Republic. Simply a day later, the replace expanded to the remainder of the Galaxy S10 sequence in different elements of Europe together with Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. The replace was additionally launched in South Korea on the identical day. Rounding out the sequence, the Galaxy S10 Lite was up to date first in Spain round July 10.
On July 6, Samsung then launched the July safety patch as an over-the-air replace on the Galaxy S20 sequence. That replace began its rollout in Germany. On July eighth, the replace expanded to the Galaxy S20 FE, however solely the LTE mannequin in Russia on the time. By mid-July, the replace had extended to the Snapdragon variations of the Galaxy S20 FE in Europe and different areas.
The Galaxy S21 sequence, the corporate’s present flagship, picked up its replace on July 9. This launch additionally marked the debut of the July patch in america with unlocked models getting the replace. That replace has since appeared on Samsung’s official update tracker and by July 15 had prolonged to the UK, India, and a number of other areas throughout Europe.
- Galaxy S21 — G991USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S21+ — G996USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S21 Extremely — G998USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S20 — G981FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20+ — G986FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20 Extremely — G988FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE — G780FXXU4CUG1 (Launched first in Russia)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G — G781BXXU3CUG2 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10 — G973FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Czech Republic)
- Galaxy S10+ — G975FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10e — G970FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10 5G — G977BXXS8FUF3 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10 Lite — G770FXXS4EUF6 (Launched first in Spain)
Whereas Samsung has a number of newer foldables available on the market, the July 2021 safety patch was launched on the unique Galaxy Fold earlier than any others. The replace first launched in France. On July 7, the replace was then noticed on Galaxy Z Flip in Germany, however not the 5G mannequin simply but. On July 12, the replace additional expanded to the Galaxy Z Flip in america, however solely the variant bought by Dash. It was additionally quietly launched on AT&T and, on July 13, confirmed up on unlocked fashions within the US and on a wider worldwide basis.
- Galaxy Fold — F900FXXS5EUF3 (Launched first in France)
- Galaxy Z Flip — F707BXXU3DUF4/F700USQS4DUF1 (Launched first in Germany, obtainable in US)
The primary Samsung pill to get the July 2021 safety patch is, paradoxically, the Android 9-running Galaxy Tab Lively 2. Only a few days later, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 additionally picked up its July patch, although at first it was solely launched in Bolivia. The Tab Lively 3 noticed its replace first in Hong Kong.
- Galaxy Tab Lively 2 — T395NKOSCCUF2 (Launched first in Asia)
- Galaxy Tab Lively 3 — T575XXS3BUF2 (Launched first in Hong Kong)
- Galaxy Tab A 8.0 — T295XXU4CUF8 (Launched first in Bolivia)
Galaxy A Sequence
The primary machine in Samsung’s extraordinarily well-liked Galaxy A sequence to get the July replace was the Galaxy A52. The machine was up to date first in Bolivia and Panama forward of a wider worldwide rollout which happened around July 13. This isn’t the 5G variant, although. Shortly later, the Galaxy A31 noticed its July replace in Brazil. Galaxy A10s was up to date in Malaysia and Vietnam on July 8 whereas A02s was up to date first in Brazil round July 13 with the Galaxy A70 being updated the identical week in the identical area.
- Galaxy A52 — A525MUBU2AUF3/A525FXXS2AUF4 (Launched first in Bolivia, Panama)
- Galaxy A02s — A025MUBU2BUF5 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A31 — A315GDXU1CUG1 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A10s — A107FXXU8CUG1 (Launched first in Southeast Asia)
- Galaxy A70 — A705MNXXU5DUF2 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A2 Core — A260GDDSBAUF1 (Launched first in India)
Galaxy Word Sequence
Samsung first launched its July 2021 safety patch as an replace to the Galaxy Word 10 and Galaxy Word 10+ together with the telephone’s 4G and 5G variations. The replace is rolling out in practically two dozen areas together with most of Europe and the Center East and, as of July 10, has rolled out on Verizon in america. A couple of days later, on July 8, the most recent patch was noticed in Poland on the Galaxy Word 10 Lite. The replace then prolonged to Galaxy Word 20 and Word 20 Extremely in Germany, carrying a brand new QR code scanner within the bigger than regular replace.
In what will likely be one in all its final updates, the Galaxy Word 9 additionally picked up the July safety patch from Samsung around July 13, with the rollout beginning in Germany and two days later showed up on the Xfinity model of the telephone.
- Galaxy Word 20 — N980xXXU2DUF8 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy Word 20 Extremely — N986xXXU2DUF8 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy Word 10 (4G and 5G) — N97xFXXS7FUF5 (First in Europe and Center East, obtainable on Verizon in US)
- Galaxy Word 10+ (4G and 5G) — N97xBXXS7FUF5 (First in Europe and Center East, obtainable on Verizon in US)
- Galaxy Word 10 Lite — N770FXXS7EUF2 (Launched first in Poland)
- Galaxy Word 9 — N960FXXS8FUF5 (Launched first in Germany, obtainable on Xfinity within the US)
Galaxy F and M Sequence
The primary machine in Samsung’s inexpensive Galaxy M sequence to see the July 2021 safety replace was the Galaxy M11 which was up to date in Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Galaxy M11 — M115FXXU2BUF3 (Launched first in Southeast Asia)
Different Samsung units with the July 2021 replace
Beginning in Poland on July 14, Samsung updated its rugged Galaxy Xcover Professional with the July 2021 safety patch.
Galaxy Xcover Professional — G715FNXXS9CUG2 (Launched first in Poland)
This text was initially printed on July 2 final up to date on July 14.
Extra Samsung Information:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.